In this episode Tara & Marianne give listeners a rundown of their favorite bands of all time, followed by a discussion about what hospitality means to them, and how they see it played out in their lives. They also announce a June 2015 giveaway!
- A rundown of Tara & Marianne's Favorite 15 Bands of All Time:
- Tara: Alison Krauss & Union Station // Nickel Creek // Sarah Jarosz // Adele // Hillsong United // Sheryl Crow // Coldplay // Newsboys // Fitz and the Tantrums // Red Molly // Matt & Kim // Tennis // Brooke Fraser // Mumford & Sons // Sleigh Bells
- Marianne: U2 // Weezer // Nirvana // The Pixies // Johnny Cash // The Beatles // The Postal Service // The Cure // Portishead // Fiona Apple // Gorillaz // Arcade Fire // The Yeah Yeah Yeahs // Florence & The Machine // Tegan & Sara
- Because we talk music and bands in this episode we want to give a special shout-out to Andy Zipf of The Coward's Choir! He provides our intro music, and as a special treat we're playing the entirety of his song "I Ain't The Kind For Giving Up' at the end of this episode.
- The photo above is the table setting that Tara spoke about in the podcast. She wrote a really great blog post about hosting too, which you should take a look at here!
- Marianne quotes 2 Corinthians 12:9 - " But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
- You can find us on Instagram right here.
- The details on our June giveaway are: just send us some listener mail to get entered to win a White Peach Pottery mug and a Starbucks gift card. Everyone who writes in will be entered to win!